When your livelihood is at stake, it can be a very scary time. You wonder how you’ll take care of your family. You’re angry and hurt that your employer has put you in a stressful situation. The good news is that the employment attorneys at
the Law Office of David A. Branch and Associates, PLLC are here to help.
Whether you’ve been wrongfully discharged or are dealing with a dispute over your severance package, our attorneys have the experience to get you justice. Here is a brief overview of some of the employment issues we handle:
- Age Discrimination If you believe you’ve been discriminated against at work because of your age, you should call an experienced employment attorney. The Age Discrimination in Employment Act protects employees who are at
least forty (40) years old from discrimination in the workplace. Whether you’ve been denied a job or terminated from your current job, you may be entitled to damages.
- Gender Discrimination Gender discrimination used to refer typically to women who were treated differently at work because of their gender. Today, gender discrimination applies to both men and women. It also extends to people
with undefined or gender-neutral identifications. If you’ve been treated unfairly because of your sex, let one of our expert employment lawyers sit down and review your case.
- Racial Discrimination The EEOC (Equal Employment Opportunity Commission) requires that people not be denied employment based on their race or ethnicity. This can involve being denying a job, a promotion or any other work-related
- Sexual Harassment If you’ve been the victim of any unwanted or unlawful sexual contact, you should contact one of our compassionate employment attorneys. Sexual harassment in the workplace can take many forms. A sexual harassment
claim doesn’t necessarily require that someone touch you in a sexual way. It can involve unwelcome sexual advances sexual innuendo or any other unwanted sexual conduct.
- Wage and Hours Claims If you believe you’ve been denied any wages or overtime, you need to contact our office. Wage and hours claims may involve issues with overtime, child labor or even employers who aren’t paying their
employees minimum wage. You can file a wage and hours claim even if you’re still working for the offending employer. Our experienced employment attorneys will make sure your employer doesn’t retaliate against you for filing your rightful
- Contract Disputes When we’re offered a new job or promotion, we’re often so excited that we don’t really pay attention to the paperwork placed in front of us. If you’re in a contract dispute with your employer or business
partner, we can help. Contract disputes may involve any of the following issues: Non-Competes; Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDA); Partnership agreements; 401K contributions; or employee handbook violations.
- Severance Package Issues Although they’re increasingly rare these days, some employers still offer departing employees severance packages. These are agreements whereby you take certain benefits with you upon termination
or separation from your employer. If your employer isn’t honoring the promises made in your severance package, a skilled employment lawyer can help convince them to do to the right thing. If not, they can take legal action on your behalf.
- Non-Disclosure Agreements Some employers require their employees to sign an agreement to not disclose any of the details of the work they’ve done for their employer. These are being required more often today as so many employees
work remotely. Employers use these agreements to guarantee the security of their intellectual property. If you’ve been falsely accused of violating your NDA, you can trust that our experienced team can get you justice.
- Non-Competes and Trade Secrets Employers require their employees, independent contractors and consultants sign these agreements to protect their proprietary information. When you move on to your next job, your previous employer
may try to enforce a non-compete that may be unfair.
- Pension Disputes Retirement should be a time in your life when you can finally relax and enjoy your life. Unfortunately, if you’re dealing with a dispute over your rightful pension, it can make retirement anything but pleasant.
We can help ensure that you receive the pension you’ve worked hard for.
- Wrongful Termination Most employees in this country are at-will employees. This means that, for the most part, employers can fire you for almost any reason. However, there are certain situations in which termination is indeed
wrongful. If your case falls into this small category of legal claims, we can help you get the compensation you deserve.
- Family Medical Leave Act The law provides almost all employees with the right to take a certain amount of time off due to illness or the sickness of a close family member. If you believe you’ve been denied your leave under
the law, we can review your case and see if you have a claim for damages.
- Whistleblower CasesNobody wants to be known as a whistleblower. The term carries with it such a negative connotation. If you believe your employer is deceiving their employees, their shareholders, partners or the public,
you may want to meet with an experienced employment attorney.
Contact our office if you’re dealing with any of these issues. You deserve peace of mind. The experienced labor and employment attorneys at the Law Office of David A. Branch and Associates, PLLC can give you that peace of mind. Call and schedule
your initial consultation today.
You can speak with one of our agents and they’ll complete a short interview to determine what employment issues you may be facing. They’ll then schedule a face to face meeting with one of our skilled and expert lawyers.